Friday, August 6, 2010

Printing with Stamps


Designing, drawing, combining, coloring, printing the world all over in many ways, that’s what I would like to do al the time.Some time ago I bought myself a few little hand made stamps and I spent several hours printing on fabric. I think it is fun and a very creative activity. You can repeat the stamps in different ways, combine, change colors and you can always get an exciting outcome. Of course, I used paints for textiles, it means you can wash your fabric ad the print stays on which is great.
I used the printed fabric to create some simple fabric hearts,
you can embellish it with beads like I did and also, see the pillow below.
I mixed the hand made fabric with usual prints
I have and it made a wonderful result in my opinion.
Pieces of such printed fabric always inspire me very much.